The Edge has a pedigree unsurpassed by any other performance kite to date. Known not only as a race winner but also for its amazing freeride performance and big air capabilities.
The development process of the Edge has been ongoing over the seasons with many prototypes, new ideas, and continuous learning for the design team. What we found during this process is the combination of parameters that define the Edge are incredibly well matched to deliver performance across a broad spectrum. For Freeriders it’s the way the Edge progressively pulls offering amazing power delivery and generous boost when you send it. For racers this is directly translated into up and downwind performance as well as speed and power.
The latest Edge has been completely re-shaped in our new highly advanced custom built CAD software. What this means is we are able to work with parameters specifically designed to shaping flexible wings. We have optimized panel layout and strut position resulting in a cleaner profile and canopy throughout angle of attack changes. The new Edge feels and flies much smoother and is more controlled and stable during loaded riding and at high speeds. Additionally the optimized strut placement allows the wingtip to flex which reduces steering forces and speeds up handling.
The new Edge is constructed with quality proven Teijin D2 canopy material and Teijin Dacron providing a crisper feel and a stronger kite. A low-drag pulley-less bridle system is achieved through optimised load distribution into the kite attachment points. The bridles are spliced using high quality Aramid line, which is 50% thinner than our standard bridle line giving the Edge a turbo charged feel. Combined with our race control system and race flying lines the Edge is the race winning ticket.
For this season we have developed new sizes expanding on the smaller kite range specially for lighter riders or foil board racing. With new a 5m, 6m and 8m added to the already broad line-up of sizes this allows riders to choose exactly what they need in a regatta or for freeride mega boosting on those high wind days.
We have continued to develop larger Edge sizes as the Chrono is not for everyone or for all conditions. In gusty or turbulent wind the Edge will be easier to use and handle in both free ride and race situations. We recommend that all intermediate riders use the Edge before considering moving to a Chrono for light wind racing or free riding.
Design and Performance Features:
- Insane upwind and downwind capabilities.
- Extreme hang-time and lift.
- Huge de-power range.
- Low Drag Aramid Bridles.
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems).
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range.
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve.
- Multiple trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure.
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material.
- Teijin Dacron for the LE & Struts.
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam.
- Double stitched bonded seams.
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution.
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas.
- Reinforced trailing edge.
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads.
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas.