2017 Airush Converse
5'9" | 5'11"
The Converse is Airush's dedicated down the line shape, developed without compromise to destroy any wave you put in front of it.
- Dedicated Down the line Shape
- Small sizes ideal for strong wind and powered riding
- Patented Active Carbon and Active Bamboo Construction
The Converse has more curve in the hip to keep a loose and lively feel. It has a straighter outline in the nose due to the increased length which maintains the classic feel and maintains drive through the turn.
The width on 5’11 Converse is comparable to the 5’8 Compact in the mid-point, but the Converse has a slightly wider tail. The wider tail keeps drive and maneuverability at lower speeds.
The Converse has a straighter back section going into a round tail, which keeps some drive through turns, specifically when combined with the higher rocker. The wide point on Converse is further back to keep the board loose and responsive.
Available in Flytech (Blue & Orange), Active Bamboo (Blue), Active Carbon (white/tan) Technology.
2016 Converse - 5'9" x 17.5" x 2" 20L
2016 Converse - 5'11" x 18" x 2" 22L
ACTIVE CARBON TECHNOLOGY
- The lightest construction on the market today, Airush’s patented Active Technology combines revolutionary flex and strength in a full carbon construction for unparalleled performance.
The key to the Active Stringer’s strength is the stiff and ultra-lightweight carbon I-beam through the center of the board. This prevents the board from over flexing and damaging the laminate when flexing beyond the working range. The secret to the Active Technology flex is the high memory polypropylene flex zone, which works in conjunction with the flexible bi-axial carbon skins to flex and compress within the working range.
The combination gives a perfect blend of maximum flex, minimum weight and maximum durability.
ACTIVE BAMBOO TECHNOLOGY
- Championing our drive towards a more sustainable kiteboard, the Active Bamboo technology combines our Patented Active Stringer for durability and flex control, with a durable (and more sustainable) bamboo sandwich outer skin.
The Active Bamboo is constructed using Entropy Super Sap Resin Systems, which reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by 50% over conventional petroleum based epoxies. This resin system replaces petroleum-based raw materials with renewable plant-based materials. The raw materials going into Entropy Resins are co-products or waste products of industrial processes, which do not compete with food sources or displace food-based agriculture.
- The Flytech construction combines a lightweight EPS core with a sandwich hi-density standing area, for an excellent combination of strength and reduced weight. Due to the lightweight core, the Flytech construction makes use of additional layers of glass fiber, resulting in an extremely durable outside skin ideal for everyday riding.