2017 Airush Lithium
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 12 | 14 | 17m
As the do-all kite in the Airush range, the Lithium has been proven to meet the requirements of riders looking to do a bit of everything from freeride, jumping, looping and waves.
- The World's favorite freeride kite
- Incredibly stable with smooth consistent drive
- Fast and simple to relaunch due to the Delta Hybrid design
As the do-all kite in the Airush range, the Lithium has been proven to meet the requirements of riders looking to do a bit of everything from freeride, jumping, looping and waves. With amazing park power, stability and ease of use, the Lithium is simply the perfect kite. The focus of wingtip and strut layout in conjunction with the Delta Hybrid design insures the quickest response throughout the air as well as instant relaunching capabilities.
The Lithium 17 uses the same Lithium freeride flying characteristics in the extreme lightwind category. Both innovative in their own designs, these kites are focused on reducing weight in the overall construction.
The next generation Dyneema Load Frame takes the biggest innovation in kite construction to a whole new level and is combined with the Technoforce D2 by Teijin, for the ultimate mix of durability and lightweight performance. For wave performance, this optimised weight is essential for improved drift stability, while the load frame makes all the difference when additional durability is required.
NEXT GENERATION DYNEEMA LOAD FRAME - This premium fabric is used in conjunction with the Dyneema Load Frame for the ultimate combination of durability and performance. Ongoing testing has highlighted the lowest stretch and UV stability, along with highest long-term reliability of any materials.
TECHNOFORCE D2 BY TEIJIN - This premium fabric is used in conjunction with the Aramid Load frame for the ultimate combination of durability and performance. Ongoing testing has highlighted the lowest stretch and highest long-term reliability of any materials available.
DELTA HYBRID DESIGN - The Delta Hybrid design in conjunction with the V3 bridle gives the Airush kite a whole new meaning to performance and feeling. Displaying direct and pivotal turning, the Delta Hybrid insures a great balance of speed and response. Due to the swept wingtips and profile, the Delta Hybrid has instant relaunch capabilities making this shape ideal for all-around and entry level riders.
V3 BRIDLE - The V3 bridle system contributes significantly to the feeling and performance of supported leading edge kites, in addition the total depower adds immensely to the safety benefits. The positioning of the bridle attachment points on the LE of the kite, combined with the V pulleys, give a range of movement. The result is steering that is light, but direct enough to feel where your kite is while riding. This also enables the kite to be steered and controlled when the kite is completely de-powered, which is ideal for wave riding.
HARDCORE CONSTRUCTION - All Airush kites feature the Hardcore Construction, a focus and commitment to structural integrity.
1. AIRUSH FRAME TECHNOLOGY - Airush Frame technology distributes the load off all stitched lines on all main panels of the canopy area on impact during a crash, while the outer frame features gradient load wingtips that integrates progressive density cloth in te high load areas radiating from the attachment points.
2. ONE PUMP VALVES - Increased wall thickness and oversized diameter of the tubing eliminates tube kink and reduces stress on your pump, which facilitates quick and easy inflation.
3. GRADIENT LOAD WINGTIPS - Gradient load wingtips integrate progressive density cloth in the high load areas radiating from the attachment points. Bomb proof trailing edge (TE) construction featuring a 3 layer tapering of heavy duty dacron material to increase durability of the te. Available on the DNA and Lithium
4. FOUR PIECE STRUTS - The new 4-piece strut has added a double folded straight stitch seam aligned with a 20mm wide webbing strip to reduce point of wearing. This increases durability and rigidness of the struts in all Airush kites.
5. STRUT CONNECTION - The Unity Strut Connection provides a solid point connection from strut to leading egded to create a stiff structure which helps in performance and relaunching. The Unity Strut Connection working in conjunction with the 4 Piece Struts allows for a thinner and lighter strut.
6. AIRUSH PULLEY - Made of tough Zytel material for high strength and resistance to abrasion and impact, the Airush Pulley has the pigtails hole directionally correct to eliminate bridle wear. With a breaking strength of 550 kg, the Airush pulley was designed specifically for use on all Airush kites.
7. LEADING EDGE SEAM - A Leading Edge connection seam with a slick 19mm soft webbing reinforcement to handle harder crashes. Increased mark cloth sections at the front of all canopy seams at the leading edge to stop stitching and seam wear points.
Tips & Tuning
The Lithium is by far our most popular kite in the range. Kiters year after year use the Lithium because it?s ease of use, smooth power delivery, versatility in all types of conditions and disciplines, and quick relaunching. By changing wingtip design and subtle difference in aspect ratio, the Lithium in smaller sizes adds more top-end range for those gusty or building wind conditions. The wingtip design adds even more direct steering and assists in depower allowing you to accelerate and decelerate smoothly. The flatter wingtip give even more response and direct steering. If you are looking for that extremely fun kite, ideal for the everyday rider, the 2016 Lithium is perfect for you. - Mark Pattison: Airush Kite Designer
TKB REVIEW: 2017 AIRUSH LITHIUM
FEBRUARY 17, 2017
Sizes Available: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17m
Sizes Tested: 7, 9, 10, 12m
As the do-all kite in the Airush range, the Lithium has been proven to meet the requirements of riders looking to do a bit of everything: freeride, jumping, looping and waves. With amazing park power, stability, and ease of use, the Lithium is simply the perfect kite. The focus of wingtip and strut layout in conjunction with the Delta Hybrid design ensures the quickest response through the air as well as instant relaunch. The square wingtip with increased area improves unhooked and overall performance without sacrificing the legendary relaunch, stability or wind range.
Our Testers Say:
?Feels light, responsive and generates loads of power.? // Tiberiu Anghel.
?An easy flying kite. First time out and it feels like I know it.? // Rob Shea.
?With a huge depower range, this is a kite that magically fills two size ranges.? // Chris Borodic.
The Lithium is back as Airush?s jack of all trades. The Lithium?s 3-strut delta shape is a low/medium aspect platform which features three wingtip steering settings (bar pressure) and a single setting front bridle with three pulleys. It has a large flow Boston valve that requires the larger inflation nozzle for a quick inflate. Testers gave the Lithium high praise for it?s user-friendly handling, expansive range across various wind levels and solid steering response. The Lithium?s delta shape lends to a pivot style turn which creates a decent amount of power through the turn, and when it comes to relaunch the pulled back leading edge facilitates an easy relaunch from deep within the window just by pulling on one bar end. Testers praised the Lithium for its medium, well-balanced bar pressure and it?s generous lift during big boosts and solid hangtime. Compared to the Airush Union, which may be a bit more active in handling, the Lithium is the well-mannered all around kite that features great range, solid depower and predictable turning that matches the needs of kiters of progressing skill levels, all around freeriders and foilboarding.
The control bar we tested with the Lithium is the Core bar. An industry first, the Core bar is a quad adjustable length bar with 45-52-55-62cm bar ends allowing for four different bar lengths. It?s got a PU coated sheeting/throw line, sliding stopper, single center-line safety depower and a low V that allows for a quick single line flag or self land. Two above bar depower handles (more power/less power) keep the depower strap within the rider?s reach while a push away quick release with integrated swivel that doubles as a quick release guard is on the bottom end. The center lines end in a knot and the outside lines end in loops. While the PU coated sheeting/throw line offers durability and longevity, the length of sheeting/throw cannot be adjusted. The color coded molded bar floats are attached to the durable rubber molding encased bar tips for a softer bar end and the outside leader lines allow riders to adjust the length of the outside lines for stretch or tuning. The 21mm diameter bar strikes a nice balance between grippy texture and medium plushy grip. The Core features a new leash attachment with an additional kite ring allowing riders attach and detach their leaches while in suicide mode with ease.