Limited Series, Unlimited Performance
The CrazyFly Raptor LTD is a high performance freeride/freestyle board for intermediate to expert riders.
This board does not need much introduction. The Raptor LTD is one of the best boards we have ever made.
It is extremely light, full carbon masterpiece, with Gullwing Double Concave Channels. Buttery soft in chop, yet dynamic for high end freeride and freestyle. The full carbon construction provides loads of pop while the shape gives the board that smooth feel we all enjoy.
For 2017, we introduced a brand new Nano Glide Skin on the bottom of the board. The micro channels in the skin help the board track and go upwind better. The skin has better gliding properties and generates speed quicker, plus it is more resistant to scratches. The top of the board has a brand new matt overprint for that eye-catching, premium look.
The Raptor LTD works best with Hexa LTD Bindings for unmatched comfort and board feel. The Raptor LTD is also compatible with wake bindings.
The 2017 Raptor LTD limited series, unlimited performance.
The Raptor LTD comes Deck Only with 5cm Razor fins, handle, and hardware or Complete with LTD Hexa Bindings, 5cm Razor fins, handle, and hardware.
- Medium Flex - Provides enough comfort and extra bits of performance.
- Gullwing Double Concave - Gullwing Double concave shape provides amazing control for cutting powered turns and everyone can feel like a Pro in making transitions. This shape offers much more grip for upwind, difficult landings and generates more power when loading up a jump. The Gullwing Double concave shape is the ultimate chop eater.
- Vibra Kill - Vibra Kill is a brand new top secret technology developed by CrazyFly. This system damps the shocks from landing in water, as well as vibrations of the board during riding. It makes the ride smoother and saves your knees.
- Loads of pop - These boards provide extra loads of pop to pull off tricks.
- Full Carbon Construction - Based on our thirteen years of experience in building high quality kiteboards with top performance, we simply believe that carbon fibers are irreplaceable. Carbon fibers are ultra light and at the same time extremely strong. This material is very dynamic and it returns instantly to its original shape after being stressed, which provides loads of pop in carbon fiber boards.
- CNC Shaped Wood Core - Core is one of the most essential elements in every kiteboard, therefore we choose only the finest selection wood cores for all CrazyFly kiteboards. To have precisely shaped cores of highest quality, we are using a CNC machine to cut the outline and drill holes of all cores.
- Light Up Sidewalls - Yet another innovation from CrazyFly designers on all twin tip boards. The Light Up rails are transparent and literally light up when the sun shines in. These high-tech urethane side walls are a synergy of two polymers directly bonded with the wood core. As a result, Synergy side walls have extremely high impact and abrasive resistance. Due to our innovative production process, Synergy side walls are second to none when it comes to durability and performance on the water.
- Razor fins - These fins are Razor sharp. We have designed them with very thin profile to cut easily through water, prevent drag and make the boards faster.
- Hexa Binding - The Hexa Binding provides unlimited adjustability to accommodate all foot shapes and sizes while offering unmatched comfort and board feel.
- Wake Binding Compatible - These boards are fully compatible with wake bindings and all other 6 inch (15,24 cm) pad and strap systems.
At A Glance
CrazyFly have been making boards long before they started on their kites and the results speak for themselves, now entirely made in Europe, CrazyFly pride themselves on their attention to detail and the eco-friendliness of their products.
The Raptor LTD is an impressive intermediate to advanced board packed with tech and looks to rival anything out there. A wood core is sandwiched between two beautiful layers of Carbon, with a foil top sheet for protection on both sides. The Gullwing Double Concave is designed for chop munching, powerful upwind tracking and lending you a helping hand in sticking those tricky landings.
Supplied with the CrazyFlys new Hexa bindings which are so adjustable no one should have an issue finding their perfect foot angle, with or without booties.
On The Water
Any carbon board is going to be pretty special, and the Raptor Ltd is exactly that! It is light as a feather and to be honest, so beautiful we didn't want to put it on the sand for risk of scratching the shiny Carbon!
The new Hexa bindings are super comfy, and incredibly adjustable which is great if you favour pressure on a certain point of your foot for example as pretty much anything can be catered for. A handy toe grip is on the pads too which many people enjoy for gripping onto the board.
The Raptor LTD is packed with performance
We had the Raptor LTD out in butter flat water, waves and chop, and it dealt with them all superbly. In flat water, the board has incredible grip and drove us upwind with great speed. Jumping in perfect water states is, of course, a pleasure, but the Raptor Ltd adds to it with a silky smooth release. Throwing the board around in the air is excellent, low swing weight and easy for board offs. On that note, the handle has been designed primarily for carrying the board it seems as is a little small to grab hold of while in the air, but that just means you will get handy at grabbing other places of the board for your tricks!
Choppy water can make or break a board, and the Raptor Ltd just flew through it with ease. The triple concave certainly does what it is designed to do with minimal bounce but also soaking up dodgy landings. There can often be a bit of elitism with what you ride in waves, with many stating it must be on a surfboard, truth is you can ride whatever you fancy, and the Raptor Ltd is an excellent option, which can be slashed around to your heart's content, really gripping onto those faces.
Unhooking is really good, and with binding inserts can, of course, be used as such, but it is more a high-end freeride and freestyle board than wakestyle. That said, it will fling you up in the air with quite some force and provide the steadiest of landings on your return
With a board which looks as good as this you would believe there to be a compromise somewhere, but there isn't. Simply an outstanding high-end board, with well thought out components and performance in all conditions we could throw at it.