The 2018 Crazyfly Cruze is a dedicated lightwind kite in our range coming only in 15 and 17m sizes. With a Flat-Delta shape, deep profile, and high aspect ratio, the Cruze generates a lot of power even in marginal wind conditions.
For 2018, we have re-worked the Cruze, fine-tuned the shape and bridle and exploited new possibilities of producing kites in our own factory in Europe. Despite its larger size, the Cruze maintains the agility of a smaller kite thanks to its shape and sturdy construction. The squared wingtips ensure stability as well as quick and precise turning for a kite of this size. To maximize performance in the lightest sea breezes, we stripped down weight wherever possible without sacrificing the rigidity of the kite. Simple bridle and rock solid construction result in a very user friendly light bar feel.
Brand new and exclusive to CrazyFly, we introduced Triplex, the most advanced ripstop material on the market. Triplex has by far the best strength to weight ratio and with triple coating its durability is unmatched. The coating protects the fabric from UV rays, salt and abrasive objects, such as sand. Triple coating and three ripstop yarns ensure the lowest possible elongation and deterioration of the material till date.
We re-worked the construction and again pushed the limits of strength, rigidity and weight of the kite. With Strategic Dacron placement and Tailored Canopy, we created the most compact kite and the resulting performance is breathtaking.
The 2018 Cruze, light wind machine.
- Triplex - Brand new and exclusive to CrazyFly, we introduced Triplex, the most advanced ripstop material on the market. Triplex has by far the best strength to weight ratio and with triple coating its durability is unmatched. The coating protects the fabric from UV rays, salt and abrasive objects, such as sand. Triple coating and three ripstop yarns ensure the lowest possible elongation and deterioration of the material till date.
- Computed Laser Cutting - In order to achieve the highest precision and the best possible in flight symmetry of the kite, we use state of the art computed laser cutter for all fabric panels on the kites. By cutting with a laser, all kite panels have heat sealed edges at the same time.
- Uni Seam - Exclusive to CrazyFly, all seams on the kite run the full length of their designated space, without any re-connection. None of our stitching is ever undone and sewn again. All the seams are done in one go from their start to designated finish. Every needle hole in the kite canopy weakens the material, so re-connecting, or repeating seams is an absolute no go for CrazyFly.
- German Polyester Thread - All threads used on CrazyFly kites are high end UV protected and water resistant threads made in Germany. They have all properties required for the perfect kite thread: amazing strength, light weight, minimal water absorption, UV protection and high abrasion resistance.
- Light Weight Zipper - Unlike on other kites, we selected a slimmer Lightweight Zipper covered with webbing to prevent sand from getting stuck into the zipper. This results in flawless function of the zipper, saves weight on the kite and overall looks much cleaner than a big heavy uncovered plastic zipper.
- Turbo Inflate Deflate - All CrazyFly kites are equipped with Turbo inflate/deflate valve. Inflation and deflation of the kite are made through the same valve. The kite is fully inflated and deflated in seconds. This year, the Turbo valve has a new cover made from Arptex, which does not intake water and does not add weight to the kite.
- One Pump System - The One Pump System allow for quicker and easier inflation and deflation of the kite and ensure even pressure distribution throughout the kite. The valves are made from the highest quality material available and are manufactured in Europe. Brand new this year, the one pump hose clips are covered with Arptex, which unlike Neoprene does not intake water which reduces weight.
- Custom Colors - All 2018 CrazyFly kite colors are custom developed shades supplied exclusively to CrazyFly only.
- CNC Sewing - CNC controlled laser cutting ensures maximum precision of all kite panels and results in accurate kite shapes. CNC controlled laser cutting also reduces waste of offcut material. CNC sewing is used for critical and difficult seams on all CrazyFly kites. This technology eliminates human error and enables perfection to be repeated on every seam.
- Back Lines Tuning - There are three back line settings on the wingtip of the kite. These allow the rider to tune the kite to his or her preferences. The fast back line set up provides the quickest turning of the kite and the lightest bar pressure. On the medium setting the kite still turns relatively quickly and there is more load on the bar. On the slow setting the kite turns noticeably slower and the bar pressure is high.