2019 Duotone Evo
5m | 6m | 7m | 8m | 9m | 10m | 11m | 12m | 13m | 14m
Freeride / Freestyle / Wave kite
The Evo is THE leading all round kite. The greatest freeride formula today. With 3-Struts, a huge wind range, superior stability, precise power delivery and responsive handling, the Evo is fun and versatile from waveriding to freestyle.
For 2019 - The Evo now by Duotone is BACK!
The Evo is the best allrounder with an incredible wind range, precise power delivery, amazing stability and responsive handling, making it the choice for any type of conditions or riding style.
- Best Allrounder of the Range: An easy jumper with massive sheet-and-go qualities, offering huge depower, powerful lift and a massive hangtime. It's the most accessible kite for all type of riders.
- Easy Water Relaunch: The relaunch is very fast and easy, thanks to the Delta design the kite doesn't stick to the water.
- Powerful Lift and HUGE hangtime: Perfect for freeride performance with explosive powerful lift and huge as well as long hangtime.
- Delta Kite: The most comfortable design with a very smooth kite profile. Upwind ability is unmatched and steering performance is very forgiving.
- Three-Strut Design: A lighter kite boosts agility and increases responsiveness. Turning is fast and the feeling at the bar is very predictable and responsive.
- 4 and 5 line setup: You can choose the best setup, depending on your preference and riding style. The 5th line makes it easier to relaunch.
The Evo Details
The Evo is the best allrounder with an incredible wind range, precise power delivery, amazing stability and responsive handling, making it the choice for any type of conditions or riding style. The EVO was a real standout kite of last year; completely redesigned on three struts, it is now a dedicated three-strut all-rounder that impressed everyone who flew it.
With incredible hangtime and massive boosting capabilities, it became one of Duotone?s most popular kites. The EVO is a delta-shaped kite designed to offer fantastic upwind performance and huge jumps. It has a dynamic turn that lends itself well to playing in the waves, and the kite is perfect for those riders looking to try their first freestyle moves too. It doesn?t matter what your style is on the water; the EVO is truly capable of handling it all.
The structural stiffness of the smaller sizes has been enhanced, making them rock solid even in gusty and strong winds. Reduced bar pressure makes the kite easy to fly and very forgiving, appealing to a lot of riders across the ability spectrum. Sheet and go handling further enhances the rider experience, meaning the incredible performance of the EVO is available to everyone. If your riding isn?t confined to a particular discipline and you like to keep your options open for freestyle, big air and waves, then you need the EVOlution!
Tech & Features
- Trinity TX: Teijin is the world?s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3x2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance. The 3x2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2x2 or 4x4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time.
- Trailing Edge Force Control: The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the Trinity TX Canopy material. This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
- Kook Proof Connectors: The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite.
- Double-V Pigtails: These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
- Load Distribution Panels: As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite?s shape even under the most extreme loads. In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
- Anti Snag: The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite. Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased.
- Self Rescue Handles: The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down. They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre.
- Fusion Strut - This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and leading edge. Struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line, which promotes higher canopy tension and a clean profile.
- Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam: The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam. The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally. The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.