2019 Duotone Neo
3m | 4m | 5m | 6m | 7m | 8m | 9m | 10m | 11m | 12m
The high-performance pure wave-riding kite, securing Airton Cozzolino and Matchu Lopes 3x World Champion titles, impressing with incredible handling and excellent drifting capabilities that can also perform for freeriding and foiling.
For 2019 - The Neo remains true to its roots and its purpose in life!
It's the go-to surf kite for all good and aspiring wave riders. This year even more surf oriented - if you can even imagine that!
For 2019 the NEO's leading edge arc is flatter in the middle which gives better resistance to backstall - LE segments are longer which moves bridle anchor points out and down. This gives the Neo a more surf-oriented feel and performance; with more continuous power while turning the kite, along with better drift.
- FANTASTIC Drifting Abilities: To get the most out of every wave session a kite needs to be exceedingly stable in the air with excellent drift, making it perfect for waveriding.
- Responsive Steering - Powered or Depowered: Whether you're powered or not, with the Adaptive Tip, kites have a very responsive steering at all time - powered or not.
- Very powerful - but with great depower: Always the perfect amount of power which is required during waveriding. Choose at least one size smaller!
- Flex segment leading edge design: Special Flex Segments have been built into the leading edge, allowing the kite to twist even more when turning. This improves the handling capabilities of the Neo making it very dynamic.
- Adjustable front bridle: The adjustable fornt bridle offers a freeride tuning setup. Those who want a more solid bar feel and kite feedback, should go for the Hard Adaptive Tip setting.
- 4 and 5 line setup
The NEO Details
If you like nothing better than carving smooth bottom turns and smashing off the lips, then the NEO is the kite for you. Developed by Ken Winner alongside our pro wave riders and World Champions Airton Cozzolino, Matchu Lopes, Sebastian Ribeiro and Patri McLaughlin, this is the kite of choice on the GKA Strapless World Tour.
Now with improved handling, thanks to the special Flex Segment which is integrated into the leading edge. This unique feature allows the kite to twist more when it is turning; this increases the responsiveness of the kite and results in a fast more dynamic ride. Of course, the NEO is still incredibly powerful, thanks to its lightweight, yet tough design the drifting ability is unsurpassed.
Combined with the revolutionary Click Bar, you get a huge depower throw and the ability to dump all the power from the kite in an instant. Not only is this feature important during critical moments on the wave, it is also crucial for landing technical strapless tricks. The kite can be tuned to a freeride setting, which is great for cruising, boosting and foiling too. No matter what kind of conditions you ride, onshore, offshore, from small to flatwater strapless freestyle, the NEO is the only wave kite you?ll need!
Tech & Features
- Trinity TX: Teijin is the world?s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3x2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance. The 3x2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2x2 or 4x4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time.
- Trailing Edge Force Control: The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the Trinity TX Canopy material. This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
- Kook Proof Connectors: The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite.
- Double-V Pigtails: These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
- Load Distribution Panels: As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite?s shape even under the most extreme loads. In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
- Anti Snag: The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite. Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased.
- Self Rescue Handles: The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down. They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre.
- Fusion Strut - This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and leading edge. Struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line, which promotes higher canopy tension and a clean profile.
- Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam: The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam. The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally. The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.