2018 Naish Pivot
Sizes: 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 14
Predictable power development, direct bar feel, intuitive steering and plenty of ?sheet-in-and-go" are just a few characteristics that make the Pivot one of the most sought-after kites on the market. Adapting to a wide variety of wind and wave conditions, this kite features a medium aspect ratio for substantial low-end power, easy jumping and great upwind performance. Dynamic and responsive, it pivots quickly and easily on a small axis of rotation?with minimal power increase through turns?for super-smooth carving through waves and enhanced control going into and out of kiteloops.
The Pivot continues its subtle evolution with more technical changes to improve a better profile of the kite making the Pivot more balanced, reliable and predictable. We have achieved this by incorporating the Shark Teeth feature on the trailing edge, which gives the Pivot an even profile all the way to the trailing edge. This makes the Pivot lighter but still keeps the outstanding low end power, forgiving and direct bar feel.
Easy-handling, well-rounded and incredibly versatile, it?s clear to see how the Pivot has become the all-around choice for everyone, everywhere.
- NEW Shark Teeth: Buffers and disperses canopy flutter to reduce wear and enhance durability.
- Quad-Tex - Strongest kite canopy material on the market featuring 4x-reinforced ripstop - The strongest stiffest canopy material on the market!
- Canopy Stabilizer - Trailing edge reinforcement for reduced flutter and canopy sheer/wear
- Precision turns on a small axis with minimum power increase in the turn
- "Sheet-in and go" feel & easy jumping
- ABS bridle for consistent forward drive + maximum depower + no back-stalling
- Quick water relaunch
- Natural drifting effect
- Constant leading edge taper - Increased rigidity in wing tip for sharper turning
- High Flow Valve - One way valve for reduced frictional force + easy inflation + immediate deflation
- Angled Wing Tip - Torsion transmission to entire LE and low drag on water for relaunch
- Three-strut Design - Lightweight, light wind performance + faster turning
- Swept Arc - The arc generates maximum projected area for power and lift while the swept design provides precision turning, control and ideal relaunch capabilities.
- Radial Load Distribution - All wing tips are designed with seams running parallel to the load generated by the flying lines. These seams carry most of the load and spread it higher into the canopy. This design helps prevent fatigue on the fabric and in the wing tip area.
- Lightweight Solid Frame Construction - Every strut is attached to an optimized, lightweight frame consisting of heavy-duty dacron that is then sewn onto the canopy for unmatched resistance to wear and heavy loads.
- Octopus Inflation System - This proven, quick, and easy single-point inflation system creates uniform pressure in the struts and leading edge. Naish's exclusive one-way internal valve ensures that the pressure within the struts does not change during turns.
- Low Drag Wing Tip - This wing tip geometry decreases the overall surface area of the non-lifting portion, greatly reducing drag. The more efficient the lift/drag ratio becomes, the faster the wing tip can move through the air. This allows the kite to be both quicker and more responsive through turns.
- Radial Segmented Arc - The radial segmented shape uses short linear segments to accurately form the kite's arc.
- Evolutive Profile - The profile's depth and shape evolves along the airfoil, helping create a fast flying, stable kite with less back stalling. The center sections generate power thanks to a deeper profile, while the flatter profile in the tips minimizes drag and allows faster turning.
- Power Foil Canopy - The power foil canopy has horizontal seam shaping. The result is a kite that creates instant lift.