2018 Naish Slash
Sizes: 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
Known for its outstanding drift and consistent pull, the next generation of the Slash features subtle modifications for improved all-around performance. Constructed with Quad-Tex, the strongest kite canopy material available on the market featuring 4x-reinforced ripstop, this kite is built to last. A smaller leading edge and tapered wing tip delivers faster turning?a helpful feature for quick reactions in waves. The Shark Teeth Trailing edge enhances durability, lightens and balances the kite overall and further supports faster turns by providing better torque transfer from the leading edge to the trailing edge. The addition of 11 m and 12 m sizes mean you can now ride in lighter winds and start perfecting those strapless airs.
- NEW Shark Teeth Trailing Edge = Buffers & disperses flutter + reduces wear + enhances durability
- New Sizes: Due to popular demand, 11m and 12m sizes have been added for 2018
- Quad-Tex - Strongest kite canopy material on the market featuring 4x-reinforced ripstop
- Canopy Stabilizer - Trailing edge reinforcement for reduced flutter and canopy sheer/wear
- Precision turns on a small axis with minimum power increase in the turn
- Unmatched drifting ability
- ABS bridle for consistent forward drive + maximum depower + no back-stalling
- Quick water relaunch
- Ultra-reinforced Wingtip construction - Strength in wipeouts/surf-ready
- Constant leading edge taper - Increased rigidity in wing tip for sharper turning
- High Flow Valve - One way valve for reduced frictional force + easy inflation + immediate deflation
- Angled Wing Tip - Torsion transmission to entire LE and low drag on water for relaunch
- Three-strut Design - Lightweight, light wind performance + faster turning
- Swept Arc - The arc generates maximum projected area for power and lift while the swept design provides precision turning, control and ideal relaunch capabilities.
- Radial Load Distribution - All wing tips are designed with seams running parallel to the load generated by the flying lines. These seams carry most of the load and spread it higher into the canopy. This design helps prevent fatigue on the fabric and in the wing tip area.
- Lightweight Solid Frame Construction - Every strut is attached to an optimized, lightweight frame consisting of heavy-duty dacron that is then sewn onto the canopy for unmatched resistance to wear and heavy loads.
- Octopus Inflation System - This proven, quick, and easy single-point inflation system creates uniform pressure in the struts and leading edge. Naish's exclusive one-way internal valve ensures that the pressure within the struts does not change during turns.
- Low Drag Wing Tip - This wing tip geometry decreases the overall surface area of the non-lifting portion, greatly reducing drag. The more efficient the lift/drag ratio becomes, the faster the wing tip can move through the air. This allows the kite to be both quicker and more responsive through turns.
- Radial Segmented Arc - The radial segmented shape uses short linear segments to a ccurately form the kite's arc.
Evolutive Profile - The profile's depth and shape evolves along the airfoil, helping create a fast flying, stable kite with less back stalling. The center sections generate power thanks to a deeper profile, while the flatter profile in the tips minimizes drag and allows faster turning.
- Power Foil Canopy - The power foil canopy has horizontal seam shaping. The result is a kite that creates instant lift.