2019 Naish Pivot - Freeride/Wave
Sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14m
Winner of 2018 Red Bull's King of the Air, the Pivot is direct, versatile and efficient, maintaining its stand out performer status in the Naish kite line. Perfect for both novice and professional kiters alike, the Pivot provides plenty of sheet-in-and-go, predictable power, direct bar pressure, easy jumping and control in the air. The superior choice for versatile performance, the Pivot maintains a large wind range, proving dynamic and responsive in everything from waves to flat water.
It has earned an impressive reputation for its intuitive steering and tight, quick axis of rotation and the 2019 Pivot continues to push its capabilities even further. With the Quad-Tex material, we have managed to remove heavy dacron panels along the struts reducing weight while retaining canopy rigidity. The leading edge seam has also been beefed-up with a new thread that has tested off the charts in overall strength. The new Pivot also comes with Bladder Lock, which eliminates the risk of bladder movement in the leading edge and struts to ensure they stay in place when inflating, deflating, crashing or packing.
While the Pivot has received various tweaks and improvements that enhance the performance characteristics, it continues to stay true to its loyal following and remain as one of the most sought after kites worldwide.
- Quad-Tex Ripstop Fabric = Stiffest, strongest canopy material on the market
- Shark Teeth Trailing Edge = Reduces weight while minimizing & dispersing canopy flutter
- Precision turns on a small axis with minimum power increase in the turn
- ABS Bridle = Consistent forward drive + maximum depower + no back-stalling
- Sheet-in-and-go feel + easy jumping
- Quick water relaunch
- Natural drifting effect
- Constant leading edge taper = Increased rigidity in wing tip for sharper turning
- High-flow valve
- Octopus Inflation System = Lightest, easiest single-point inflation system delivering uniform pressure in the struts and leading edge
- Bladder Lock = Secures bladders ends and prevents slippage
- HT Plus = This high-tensile thread fortifies the leading edge along the seam, so you can confidently inflate to higher pressure for better flying characteristics
- Angled Wing Tip = Torsion transmission to entire LE and low drag on water for relaunch
- Three-strut Design = Lightweight, light wind performance + faster turning
- Swept Arc = The arc generates maximum projected area for power and lift while the swept design provides precision turning, control and ideal relaunch capabilities
- Evolutive Profile = The profile's depth and shape evolves along the airfoil, helping create a fast flying, stable kite with less back stalling. The center sections generate power thanks to a deeper profile, while the flatter profile in the tips minimizes drag and allows faster turning
- Radial Segmented Arc = The radial segmented shape uses short linear segments to accurately form the kite's arc
- Low Drag Wing Tip = This wing tip geometry decreases the overall surface area of the non-lifting portion, greatly reducing drag. The more efficient the lift/drag ratio becomes, the faster the wing tip can move through the air. This allows the kite to be both quicker and more responsive through turns
New 2019 Pivot!
What we learned from Kevin Langeree (Winner of the 2018 Red Bull King of the Air) KEVLOG #211
The Pivot is a "Magic Machine"
- NEW stronger thread: "Allows you to pump the kite even harder keeping the profile of the kite a lot better in the air - especially in gustier conditions"