2018 North Neo
3m | 4m | 5m | 6m | 7m | 8m | 9m | 10m | 11m | 12m
Wave / Freeride
The NEO is the ultimate wave riding weapon for all the riders out there who love to ride surfboards, offering excellent freeride abilities as a plus. It is the go-to kite for our pro team competing on the Strapless World Tour and the kite of choice for wave riders all over the world.
For 2018 the goal was to further improve the handling and responsiveness of the kite. To achieve this, our designers had to think outside the box, and they came up with a unique concept. Special ?Flex Segments? have been built into the leading edge allowing the kite to twist even more than before when turning. This has vastly improved the handling capabilities of the kite making it one of the most dynamic wave kites on the market today. The kite is also exceedingly stable in the air, with excellent drift, making it perfect for freeriding. If you want to get the most out of every wave session, the NEO is the kite for you!
- "Flex Segment" leading edge design to improve turning speed
- Adjustable Front Bridle for Freeride tuning setup
- 4 and 5 line setup
- Excellent Drifting abilities
- Responsive steering whether powered or depowered
- Very powerful (choose one size smaller) but with good depower
Tech & Features
- Trinity TX: Teijin is the world?s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of North Kiteboarding saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to North Kiteboarding, TRINITY TX is a 3x2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance. The 3x2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2x2 or 4x4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time.
- Max Flow:
- Enlarged tubes from 28 mm2 to 64 mm2 to maximize air flow
- Integrated in all kites from 2018
- Rapid inflate and deflate
- Be on the water first
- Have your gear packed first
- Lines by Teufelberger: Teufelberger is a leading supplier for ropes, ranging form climbing, sailing and paragliding to specialized ropes for kitesuring. North Kiteboarding uses Teufelberger products for lines and bridles.
- Abrasion Reinforcement: All areas exposed to scuffing strengthened with STPU reinforcements, renowned for its duability agains abrasion.
- Bladders of Polyurethane:All bladders are produced of high quality Polyurethane. This material is known for its high elasticity in different temperatures and resistance to pressure. The modern welding technique ensures durable seams and binds the material together perfectly.
- Lazy Pump:The North Kiteboarding Lazy Pump system enables the inflation of the kite from just one valve. Clips close off struts from leading edge to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage or simply to only deflate the leading edge.
- Airport Valve II: For 2017 all kites are equipped with the completely redesigned Airport Valve II. To ensure user friendliness the non-return valve has a valve cage which prevents damages of the setback membrane in the inside of the bladder. Reassembling of the secure ring is completely easy due to a secure ring tool which is additionally delivered. This new system doesn?t need a velcro system and is not twistable. The thread of the Airport Valve II is redesigned and is less affected by sand or other materials. The top of the valve can be opened and closed easily. The Airport Valve?s II unique construction has several advantages, but first and foremost it saves time rigging and gives you more time on the water. The valve works with any conventional pump or compressor as it can be connected directly to the bayonet insert of the hose. The valve is suitable for both, inflation and deflation. The deflation option is integrated, which means no external deflation pin is required. Deflation is simply activated by turning the blue wheel on the inside of the valve completely to the right.
- TQM - The Quality Check Card: A detailed quality control system has been developed, controlling every step starting with the delivery of raw materials to the factory and ending with the final delivery of kites to our customers. In between, every single stage is optimized to the smallest detail. The quality check card is the key to keeping precise control over the process for every individual kite at every stage.
- Computerized Sewing: All critical seams are done with computer supported sewing machines. This avoids human mistakes and inconsistencies, increases the productivity and reduces waste from cut off materials; it is the only way to create a perfect and consistent result every time.
- Computerized cutting: Computerized cutting ensures millimeter precise working pieces, a minimum of waste and a maximum of efficiency of the cutting process itself. This way the high expectations of our two kite designers can be met to their full satisfaction.
- Load Distribution Panels: As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite?s shape even under the most extreme loads. In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
- Fusion Strut: This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and leading edge. Struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line,which promotes higher canopy tension and a clean profile.
- Zipperless Strut: A strut without zippers means less weight, and results in smoother flying characteristics and increased durability. These advantages outweigh the slightly more tedious process required when changing a strut bladder.
- Double V Pigtails: These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
- Kook Proof Connectors: The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite.
- Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam: The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam. The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally. The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.
- Self Rescue Handles: The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down. They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue maneuver.
- Trailing Edge Force Control: The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the D2 Canopy material. This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
- Anti Snag