2018 North Rebel
5m | 6m | 7m | 8m | 9m | 10m | 11m | 12m | 13m | 14m | 15m
Hight Performance Freeride / Big Air
If ever there was a kite that needs no introduction it is the Rebel, one of the most popular kites of all time; it is the choice of ambitious freeriders and kiters who like to boost huge airs. It?s perfect for experienced riders and experts alike, offering excellent performance for hooked in cruising and lots of hangtime. For the first time in the Rebel?s history, it can now be flown on 4 or 5 lines. The 5th line is unloaded for 2018, meaning you can decide the best setup depending on your preference and riding style. The turning speed has been enhanced, in combination with a smoother and rounder turning. The wind range has increased. While many changes have been made, one aspect has remained constant; the Rebel is still the ultimate boosting machine offering huge jumps with lots of hangtime and glide in the air! All that with the typical Rebel feel you love so much!
- Wide arc
- 4/5-line design
- 5 struts
- Aspect ratios tuned to kite size
- Best wind range of the North kite range
- Excellent hangtime and lift for the highest and longest jumps
- Best sheet and go power development
- Short bar stroke for great bar feedback
- Great upwind performance
- Still possible to ride with 5 lines
Tech & Features
- Trinity TX: Teijin is the world?s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of North Kiteboarding saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to North Kiteboarding, TRINITY TX is a 3x2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance. The 3x2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2x2 or 4x4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time.
- Max Flow:
- Enlarged tubes from 28 mm2 to 64 mm2 to maximize air flow
- Integrated in all kites from 2018
- Rapid inflate and deflate
- Be on the water first
- Have your gear packed first
- Glued Zigzag Stitches: Every single seam is stitched with a zigzag sewing technique. They are first glued then stitched. The result is a clean, good-looking and highly durable stitch, which supports the overall stability of the kite.
- Load Distribution Panels: As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite?s shape even under the most extreme loads. In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
- Trailing Edge Force Control: The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the D2 Canopy material. This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
- Self Rescue Handles:
- Airport Valve II:
- Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam:
- Anti Snag:
- Computerised Cutting:
- Fusion Strut:
- Double-V Pigtails:
- Abrasion Reinforcement:
- Kook Proof Connectors:
- Progression Q:
- TQM-The Quality Check Card:
- Computerized Sewing: