The Ozone Catalyst V1 is a brand new design for 2016, built from the ground up as the ideal kite for beginner and intermediate riders. The new wing shape gives rider sheet-and-go power, great depower, and easy relaunch.
The Catalyst V1 is designed for entry level and intermediate riders. It's a confidence inspiring, fun and easy kite to ride that will make your progression in the sport fast, safe and enjoyable.
With accessible sheet in and go power delivery it is easy to get up on the board and ride. An excellent wind range lets you ride comfortably in variable or gusty conditions, refined profiles help you to ride upwind, enabling you to spend more time improving your skills! The Catalyst V1 will bring a smile to your face, the predictable power and lift makes your first jumps a breeze with easy timing and smooth landings.
Ozone took a completely new approach towards this design to create a fun filled kite for new comers to progress to becoming solid intermediate riders. The Catalyst V1 has a unique Leading Edge arc and sweep shape, combined with a simple pulley-less bridle offering you freedom and flexibility on the water.
If you manage to drop your kite in the water the re-launch of the Catalyst V1 is incredibly simple and intuitive due to the unique shape of the leading edge. By turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines, the kite will easily roll over into the re-launch position ready to take off from the water.
The Catalyst V1 Release System features our proven Front Line Flag Out release, the same release system on our entire water kite range. When the Chickenloop is released the kite will flag out to one front line, immediately stopping all power delivery from the kite.
Design and Performance Features:
- Fun, easy, and intuitive to fly.
- Large wind range with progressive depower.
- Simple and quick re-launch.
- The kite of choice for entry level to intermediate riders.
- Fast progression to take your riding to the next level.
- Front line flag out stops all power to the kite.
- Unique leading edge arc and sweep
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems).
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range.
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve.
- Trimming options for customized handling and bar pressure.
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material.
- Teijin Dacron for the LE & Struts.
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam.
- Double stitched bonded seams.
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution.
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas.
- Reinforced trailing edge.
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads.
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas.
Large technical bag
All items from Kite Only package
Bar with 25m lines