Ozone Chrono V3
7M | 9M | 11M | 13M | 15M | 18M
Universal High Level Foil Kite
The Newly Updated Chrono V3 features a new, more compact wing shape with wider tips to make the turns tighter, faster, and give them more constant drive. New internal diagonal ribs create a uniform tension across the sale and result in a stiffer and more responsive flying sensation. Expect outstanding performance across the board on water, land, snow, and foil.
The Ozone Chrono V3 is designed to deliver incredible stability, effortless upwind, smoother turning and amazing power for big floaty jumps or speed riding.
The Chrono V3 started with a totally new plan form, slightly more compact and with wider tips. Less obvious but perhaps the biggest upgrade are the internal diagonal ribs which help to keep the upper surface clean while creating a more solid internal structure. Ozone included internal straps to link the tension from the diagonals to the lines in order to create a uniform tension across the span. The upper and lower surface tension has been manipulated to reduce its effect on the internal structure resulting in a cohesive, stiffer wing in flight.
Ozone radically improved the overall flying sensation, making the V3 more responsive and reactive giving the rider a more direct feel and confidence. They focused on creating a progressive feeling in the bar throughout the depower throw range, keeping consistent control in light or high winds. The handling has an impeccably smooth turning motion and the kite has nice drive following through the turn, which means the V3 can easily be looped.
The kite is more reactive due to being a stiffer wing, which means it?s incredibly efficient even in the lightest breeze. With the Chrono V3 upwind riding has become a ?no brainer? and this kite will get you out in winds you previously thought were unkiteable. Stability is essential no matter what conditions you?re out in, we?ve made sure the V3 holds its ground and delivers the utmost rock-solid stability.
The Chrono V3?s multi-purpose design means it is perfect for high performance Twin Tip freeriding - launching yourself into big floaty airs or out and out power and speed riding. Hydrofoil riders will instantly notice the improved stability and tacking/gybing potential of the V3, it will lift you for longer making maneuvers smoother and more intuitive.
Snow kiters will notice a significant performance boost of the V3 over its predecessor, ensuring riders have power to carve up the snow and sky in even the lightest breeze. The responsive handling has expanded the realm of possibility for landboarders, giving more control for engaged freestyle maneuvers. The incredible stability of the Chrono V3 gives riders the assurance they need to go for new tricks without hesitation.
The Chrono V3 is designed to deliver, for the competent kiter aspiring to ride an enhanced performance kite, which is powerful yet at the same time forgiving and not demanding. Get ready to experience heightened sensations that will give you the confidence to take your riding skills to a whole new level!
CHRONO V3 Features
The Chrono V3 is for experienced riders with good kite control skills or previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly, but there are specific techniques required to ground handle and fly high aspect ratio foil kites safely.
Experienced riders will find themselves at home with the Chrono V3. On the water with a Twin-tip the Chrono V3 large sizes are light wind monsters - loads of power, easy to jump and stable. Due to the abundance of power and efficiency, gaining upwind ground is ridiculously easy. In light winds it is impressive how high and floaty jumps can be! When the wind picks up and you are looking for serious height the smaller sizes really shine, no question at all, these are pop and go big machines, just edge hard and send it, too easy!
Riding with a Foil or Race board the benefits are immediately noticeable thanks to the longer lifting period a foil kite gives you during that critical tacking moment compared to an LEI. The combined performance of the kite and these types of boards makes 4 knot riding a true reality.
On the snow the Chrono V3 takes the sport to another level, more power and performance in light winds, extended jump and flight time with a much better glide angle. The improved handling makes it possible to ride in lighter winds just by generating apparent speed, which means you can take a smaller size.
On the land the gains we have made in kite stability mean that you can work on your landboard freestyle moves without worrying about the kite collapsing or falling out of the sky. For buggy riders the improvements mean freestyle or racing maneuvers are easy and more intuitive with smoother coordinated handling.
The Chrono V3 is a closed-cell foil and is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! Using the re-launch webbing handle that connects the rear flying lines it is possible to reverse the kite off the water and continue riding. We recommend you practice this technique. An internal drainage channel running through to both wing tips allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. The Chrono V3 is not a wave kite and should not be used in waves.
The Chrono V3 features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out always check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
The Chrono V3 will require maintenance just like any high performance equipment in racing sports, for example replacing tyres or piston rings on motorbikes. The Speed System and Bridle Lines must be checked after every 60 hours flying time, if they are worn or are not to factory specifications (+ or - 15mm) they must be replaced or the kite will not perform as designed.
- Performance Double Surface - The Chrono V3 lightweight double surface design is combined with a mid-high aspect ratio and 46 cells. The high number of cells means the ribs are positioned closer together, creating ultra smooth surfaces with reduced drag and maintaining a clean profile, resulting in superior flight efficiency.
- Mid-High Aspect Ratio and New Planform - The aspect ratio and planform have been re-calculated to be an optimum match with the profile for the ideal combination of stability and performance.
- Optimized Leading Edge Air Intakes - Newly designed intake valves are precisely positioned along the LE on the upper and lower surfaces. This leads to a stability increase and a more solid kite. The inflation is now easier and safer as the kite rapidly inflates from the center to the wingtips.
- Leading Edge Profile Reinforcements - The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow.
- Internal Straps - Internal span-wise straps distribute load across the sail evenly and effectively, while also maintaining a cohesive internal balance controlling the high aspect ratio.
- Sheathed Dyneema Bridle Lines - Requiring less maintenance and less likely to tangle. The bridles are well proven; they are the same specification that we use on our Snowkite range. The lines are thicker and stiffer compared to the R1's high performance Kevlar line, and the sheath makes them less prone to damage.
- Velcro and Water Out Channels - A 20mm internal channel is shaped into the end of the cells along the trailing edge to allow water run-out between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro dirt out channels can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean and dry your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- High Performance Materials - High-tenacity sailcloth with extremely low porosity values and an overall lightweight enabled us to further stabilize the canopy and maximize fast flight characteristics.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- High performance light weight canopy material
- Leading Edge profile plastic batten reinforcements
- Internal reinforcements and strapping improve durability and load distribution
- Mesh protected inflation valves for fast inflation and no deflation
- Double pulley speed-system, utilizing the latest high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Velcro openings on last tip cell for easy wash out of debris and water
- Water proof deflation zipper on top center cell for easy and fast deflation
Large technical bag
All items from Kite Only package
Bar and lines