The Ozone Reo V4 is the world's best surf kite. Amazing drift and fast turning are the benchmarks of this surf-specific kite which also quickly relaunches. The Ozone Reo V4 is ultra stable and hangs back in the wind window, either waiting for your input if the bar is sheeted out or providing a grunty power and fast turning when the bar is pulled in. This allows you to forget about the kite and ride the wave or steer quickly away from or on to the next wave.
The Reo is an iconic model in the kite surf world – it’s renowned for delivering outstanding surf performance due to being specifically designed for uncompromised wave riding. Now in its fourth version, the Reo V4 continues to set the benchmark in performance, feeling and freedom on the wave.
The Reo V4 is highly advanced in design, yet simple to use. The 4-line pulley-less bridle system is a standout favorite of riders around the world – with no pulleys you have a direct feeling from the kite, it’s an extension of your body. This makes it possible to channel your concentration directly into the wave you are riding giving you the freedom for that next critical turn, slash or air...
Any day, any conditions – from on-shore slop to cross-off barreling reef breaks the Reo V4’s versatile performance will have you out there ripping and having fun. Smooth progressive canopy luff means the Reo V4 maintains positive bar pressure and handling throughout the de-power range, making it very reactive at all angles of attack.
The relatively low aspect design combined with instant handling generates consistent power to maintain momentum on a wave, combined with the ability to then completely drop the kites power to carve turns or snap in the pocket makes it unique. Finely tuned profiles and panel shaping offer unmatched drifting characteristics – as you ride down the line the Reo V4 will float allowing you to line up the next section or lip.
Re-launch is quick and easy – by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines, the Reo V4 will roll over and take off from the water in an instant. This is especially helpful if you’re stuck in the impact zone and need to get out of there fast!
Un-hooked riders will feel at home on the Reo V4, it will fly and float in unison with your riding movements. Simply trim in with the cleat before unhooking, or if you prefer to ride un-hooked often we suggest connecting the back lines to the longer knot position. To customise bar pressure and turning speed for your personal preference use the rear line adjustment tabs on the kite.
We pride ourselves with top of the line manufacturing in our own factory using the highest quality materials and construction techniques from a 10-year history making kites. The Reo V4 is constructed with quality proven Teijin D2 canopy material and Teijin Dacron – it is designed and built tough without the need of unnecessary cosmetic items that only add weight and drag which reduce performance.
Design and Performance Features:
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The Future is now. All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron - Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials for marine sports. We use the remarkably durable Teijin D2 canopy material in all our water kites. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics. We use the incredibly strong and reliable Teijin Dacron in all our water kites. Dacron is used on parts requiring rigidity and stability – the Leading Edge, Struts, Wingtips, and all loaded areas with extra reinforcement for enhanced load distribution and durability.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- One-Pump Inflation System - The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the kite. All Struts are connected to the Leading Edge via inflation points – air will flow through the hose to inflate the entire kite. Clips seal the hose connecting the Struts and Leading Edge to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
- 4-line Pulley-less System - NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Back-line trimming options - Customise your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve - A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack your kite with ease.
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range - We work extensively during our R&D process on each and every kite to develop a range of sizes that feel in tune with each other.
- Fool proof line connectors - Fool proof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Anti-Flap Soft Battens - Soft Battens strategically positioned along the Trailing Edge provide canopy support and reduce flutter, enhancing kite feedback to the rider and also reducing canopy material wear.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Direct Connect Struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Internal reinforcements - What’s on the inside counts too – All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams - Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Load Distribution Panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge - Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
Large technical bag
All items from Kite Only package
Bar with 25m lines