The Ozone Zephyr was the first lightwind-specific kite on the market and the V4 model carries on the tradition of having a massive wind range and being very user-friendly. Quick turning for a kite of this size allows the Zephyr to be a great training kite for loops and freestyle moves. Some of the performance shaping from the Edge race kite have been incorporated into the Ozone Zephyr let it fly more towards the edge of the wind window and also build good apparent windspeed.
The Zephyr V5 brings a completely new design to the market. It maintains key elements of the performance dominating Edge and ease of use from previous Zephyr models, with an all-new plan form and profile for increased performance and a smoother ride.
The Zephyr has always been a ground breaking kite - without doubt it was the first light wind specific kite on the market that delivered both performance and handling, the new V5 continues that legacy. Renowned for incredibly nimble handling, ease of use and the ability to have fun in low winds - all while giving you the possibility to continue riding when the wind increases, this sets the Zephyr apart from its competitors.
The V5 is more stable than previous versions offering a smoother feeling on the bar. Add to that fast handling with a tight radius turn you have a 17m kite that handles like a 13m which translates to more fun in light winds. The new plan form has a straighter Leading Edge, which increases the kites drive and acceleration through the turn - this helps generate power, fast handling and engaged kite loops.
The Zephyr V5 is perfect for cruising, jumping, air style, honing strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance. Re-launch is quick and easy by turning the bar or using the Re-launch Balls on the leader lines.
Ultra-strong lightweight bladders reduce weight and improve light wind performance for lighter steering and faster handling. The 4-line pulley less bridle system keeps things simple, while our proven front-line flag out ensures a complete stop of power from the kite when the quick-release is activated.
There is no question that the Zephyr V5 will get you out there enjoying whatever aspect of kiting you prefer on the day. It?s the perfect light wind addition to your quiver, or if you often ride in light winds and are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver the Zephyr V5 is the kite for you.
Design and Performance Features:
- 4-line pulley-less system - NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Back-line trimming options - Customise your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- One-Pump inflation system - The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the kite. All Struts are connected to the Leading Edge via inflation points ? air will flow through the hose to inflate the entire kite. Clips seal the hose connecting the Struts and Leading Edge to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve - A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack your kite with ease.
- Fool proof line connectors - Fool proof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Anti-snag line deflectors - The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Exceptional Ozone factory construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron - Teijin is the world's leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials for marine sports. We use the remarkably durable Teijin D2 canopy material in all our water kites. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics. We use the incredibly strong and reliable Teijin Dacron in all our water kites. Dacron is used on parts requiring rigidity and stability ? the Leading Edge, Struts, Wingtips, and all loaded areas with extra reinforcement for enhanced load distribution and durability.
- Direct connect struts - Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Internal reinforcements - What?s on the inside counts too ? All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double stitched folded seams - Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Load distribution panels - Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Reinforced leading edge and struts - The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Reinforced trailing edge - Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement ? this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic scuff pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
Large technical bag
All items from Kite Only package
Bar with 27m lines