2017 Slingshot Karolina Pro: Competition-Level Freestyle Performance
Building on the popularity of last year's Refraction Karolina model, the 2017 Slingshot Karolina Pro is a freestyle-focused board is designed with hard-charging, aggressive and powered-up female riders in mind. It is modeled to the demands of world champion Karolina Winkowska. You will generate great power with or without boots and will love its smooth load and pop. It's great for big airs and cushy landings thanks to a progressive rocker profile, subtle V-spine and wood core construction. When you press on rails or fun boxes, you will notice that you're pressing on a flat surface with raise edges that prevents you from catching an edge.
You'll love the Karolina Pro if you're an aggressive female rider who wants a freestyle-specific board that will take you, and your game, to the next level.
- Tailored Specifically for Female Riders
- Great Load & Pop, Big Airs, Soft Landings
- Don't Catch an Edge: Specfic Base Design, Ideal for Sliders & Features
- Smooth, Consistent Flex w/ Bedrock Carbon Inserts
- Flexible, Durable Hand Built Wood-Core Construction
- Universal M6 hardware
- BEDROCK CARBON INSERTS - In 2017 you will notice lighter boards, a more continuous flex pattern and performance that is tuned precisely for each board's design concept. You asked for weight reduction, better flex control and increased feel. You got it. Our engineers accomplished this by inventing new carbon-reinforced inserts, which will replace the Fastrack system on all 2017 boards. In testing, our team riders quickly noticed how solid the inserts are, hence the name Bedrock Carbon Inserts. The new inserts are a Slingshot exclusive and are designed to offer you a solid connection to a board that still needs to flex. They use the industry-standard M6 hardware and are reinforced with light-weight, high-strength carbon fiber. With this development, our engineers were able to define a new level of performance and durability in twin tip construction. The insert pull strength is increased by 30%, while the overall board weight is cut by 10%. Bedrock Carbon Inserts designed for the toughest boot riders in the business.
- DIVERSE BASE LAYUPS - As riders push their equipment to new limits, we're finding the base layup for each of our boards more and more important. Some riders want a lightweight layup, some want an extra thick and durable layup, while others want something right in the middle. We offer something for everyone in our 2017 lineup. Layups are as follows: Refraction (Sam Light pro)- .7mm DuraSurf base; Asylum- .4mm standard base; Karolina Winkowska Pro- 2mm standard base; Misfit- .2mm standard base.
- FEATURE-FRIENDLY BOTTOM - The Refraction features a turned-up rail profile at the tip and tail that provides a flat bottom surface great for pressing on features without catching an edge. Combined with an extra-thick .7mm DuraGlide base and you've got the ideal board for kickers, rails and sliders.