2017 Slingshot Rally: All-Around Freeride Performance
When you're looking for a user-friendly all-around performance freeride kite that will deliver well in all conditions, look no farther than the 2017 Slingshot Rally.
The Rally's Delta-C shape delivers you unmatched flying confidence. Its compact pulley-less bridle delivers precision turning with effortless bar pressure and it can be fine-tuned to match your personal style. You can fly the Rally confidently in any condition with Slingshot's bomber Surf tough construction. The Rally performs exceptionally well in flatwater and waves, making it a great choice for riders who want a solid crossover kite for surfing as well as freeriding. When you add it all up, this is the most versatile kite on the market.
Slingshot has reworked and refined the Rally over the years to polish the kite into what it is today. In 2016 we made some slight adjustments to the geometry and bridles to increase handling and steering speed. Those changes were very well received, so we've carried them over for 2017 and have added a couple other subtle modifications. For sizes 8, 9 and 10 we've made very subtle changes in geometry and strut diameter to clean up the canopy ever so slightly. Trailing edge tension is now controlled with the addition of Teijin T2 Polyester rip stop canopy material. This decreases trailing edge flutter and increases durability. We reinforced the one-pump inflation valve's connection to the bladder to help prevent blowouts caused by improper hose attachment/detachment. Finally, we added two Kevlar patches to prevent bridle rub on the trailing edges.
You'll love the Rally if you want a kite that will deliver well in all disciplines of the sport. Casual or entry-level kiters will love the Rally's big range, excellent depower and easy of relaunch, while more experienced kiters will appreciate its lofty airs, upwind ability and excellent downwind drift.
- One kite for all conditions: the ultimate all-around freeride shape
- Kite more, worry less w/ huge range & excellent depower
- Easiest relaunch in the industry
- Best kite for learning: instant depower, effortless relaunch & Slingshot's legendary surf tough construction
- Fine tune your kite w/ multiple attachment points & light bar pressure
- 5m, 6m, 7m, 8m, 9m, 10m, 11m, 12m, 14m
- RALLY BRIDLE CONFIGURATION - The Rally features a compact-direct connect pulley-less bridle with three connection points (per side) on the leading edge and a single connection on the wingtips. This configuration is engineered to give the Rally its renowned range and depower, turning speed, easy of relaunch and unrivaled upwind performance. For customized performance, the Rally's wingtip bridle can be connected at three different points, which allows for tuning of bar pressure, kite feedback and steering speed.
- OPEN DELTA C - Blends the proven C-kite performance characteristics like power, stability, edging, control and direct feel with the additional advancements of an innovative Delta shape to deliver faster turns, improved aerodynamics and increased rigidity with more stability.