2017 Slingshot Refraction Sam Light Pro: Competition-Level Park/Kicker Wakestyle
Although you might not be able to match Sam Light's smooth, technical style, with the 2017 Slingshot Refraction, at least you'll have the same tool for success. Sam introduced the Refraction last year as his perfect solution for needing a competition-level freestyle board that he can use all over the world, in every condition he encounters (including cable parks). Due to its popularity, we have added a 139cm model to create a full lineup. The Refraction features aggressive rocker, stiff flex and a thick and super durable Dura-Glide base. You will generate great power with or without boots and the board features inverted NACA tech channels on the tip and tail which provides a flat surface for presses and slides on obstacles.
You'll love the Refraction if you want an explosive, competition-level freestyle board that will shred flat water, eat-up chop and withstand regular abuse from, sliders, kickers and rails.
- Fear no obstacle: upgraded & super durable .7 MM Dura-Glide Base
- Insane load & pop, big airs, cushy landings
- Don't catch an edge: specfic base design, ideal for sliders & features
- Smooth, consistent flex w/ Bedrock Carbon Inserts
- Flexible, Durable Hand Built Wood-Core Construction
- Universal M6 hardware
- BEDROCK CARBON INSERTS - In 2017 you will notice lighter boards, a more continuous flex pattern and performance that is tuned precisely for each board's design concept. You asked for weight reduction, better flex control and increased feel. You got it. Our engineers accomplished this by inventing new carbon-reinforced inserts, which will replace the Fastrack system on all 2017 boards. In testing, our team riders quickly noticed how solid the inserts are, hence the name Bedrock Carbon Inserts. The new inserts are a Slingshot exclusive and are designed to offer you a solid connection to a board that still needs to flex. They use the industry-standard M6 hardware and are reinforced with light-weight, high-strength carbon fiber. With this development, our engineers were able to define a new level of performance and durability in twin tip construction. The insert pull strength is increased by 30%, while the overall board weight is cut by 10%. Bedrock Carbon Inserts designed for the toughest boot riders in the business.
- DIVERSE BASE LAYUPS - As riders push their equipment to new limits, we're finding the base layup for each of our boards more and more important. Some riders want a lightweight layup, some want an extra thick and durable layup, while others want something right in the middle. We offer something for everyone in our 2017 lineup. Layups are as follows: Refraction (Sam Light pro)- .7mm DuraSurf base; Asylum- .4mm standard base; Karolina Winkowska Pro- 2mm standard base; Misfit- .2mm standard base.
- FEATURE-FRIENDLY BOTTOM - The Refraction features a turned-up rail profile at the tip and tail that provides a flat bottom surface great for pressing on features without catching an edge. Combined with an extra-thick .7mm DuraGlide base and you've got the ideal board for kickers, rails and sliders.